In order to complete verification, you must:
- be employed at UPS and know your GEMS ID (Note: This step cannot be completed prior to your first day of employment).
- be enrolled in classes at the University of Louisville or Jefferson Community and Technical College and know your student ID number.
- file your FAFSA at the institution you are enrolled at least 5 days prior to completing this form.
The information you provide below will be used to determine if your employment status qualifies you to participate in the Metropolitan College (MC) program. To be eligible to participate as a Metropolitan College participate, you must:
- Work part-time in active status as Next Day Air hub, ramp, or freight in 2265. This includes part-time union employees, part-time administrative employees, and part-time supervisors.
You must be actively employed at UPS by the established semester hire-by-dates listed below to receive MC program benefits. These dates are subject to change based on semester hiring needs. Contact a Student Development Counselor at one of our on-campus office locations, to confirm a particular semester hire-by-date.
- February 28 for Spring
- July 1 for Summer
- September 15 for Fall
Attend Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC) or the University of Louisville (UofL). MC UofL participants must take undergraduate classes and meet one of the following criteria:
- 3.0 high school GPA and 21 ACT composite score OR
- 60+ earned transferrable college credit hours
MC UofL eligibility will be verified prior to signing an MC agreement.
Your information will be transmitted over a secure connection and will be verified by UPS within 3-5 business days. Once verified, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to complete the MC on-line orientation program, the Student Transition Program (STP).
By submitting this form, you are authorizing Metropolitan College Staff and UPS to have access to information about your test scores, high school GPA, grades, financial aid, customer account and academic progress to determine program eligibility and to process MC benefits at Jefferson Community and Technical College and the University of Louisville.